Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Global Reading Challenge

Check out the 2010 Global Reading challenge:

http://2010globalchallenge.blogspot.com/

That's a great way to explore novels/mysteries from different continents. My reading has been way too Euro-centric and America centric, so I decided to participate.
Last year's list didn't include anything from other continents (except one Jo Nesboe that took place in Australia, but I think that's cheating since she is Norwegian). And I guess, S.J.Rozan's mysteries that take place in Hongkong don't count either.

I wonder which continent Island belongs to. One of the books on my wish list is from Yrsa Sigurdardottir, sounds quite interesting. Also, I have seen a lot from Arnaldur Indridason, which probably means that he should be on the list for this year.

An interesting list of Brazilian authors can be found at http://www.dartmouth.edu/~gjdemko/brazil.htm.

For Antarctica, Robert Masello's Blood and Ice sounds interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Island ist Teil Europas. Die alte islaendische Literatur, die Edda, ist Grundlage der germanischen schriftlichen Kultur.

    ReplyDelete